Did you know that right here in Tucson there are thousands of people who struggle every day to get enough healthy food to eat? Our founder was inspired to help his community and honor his wife’s memory by growing and donating fresh food. Each week, Felicia’s Farm donates an average of 700 pounds of produce and 170 dozen eggs to a local soup kitchen, helping 1,300 very low income and/or homeless people have better food to eat. With your help, we can continue to keep Growing + Giving!
- In 2017 we donated over 10,000 pounds of fresh produce and over 6,900 dozen eggs! That’s over 82,000 eggs. That’s a lot of protein!
- In 2017 we built an education ramada so we can more comfortably host field trips and work days! Now our volunteers have a large shady place to take water breaks and work on sedentary projects
- Locally grown, freshly picked produce has higher nutrition content
- Incorporating a significant proportion of fresh fruits and vegetables is a common challenge facing many soup kitchens around the country
- The farm preserves open space and farmland in an area of Tucson traditionally farmed for many years