Did you know that right here in Tucson there are thousands of people who struggle every day to get enough healthy food to eat? Our founder was inspired to help his community and honor his wife’s memory by growing and donating fresh food. Each week, Felicia’s Farm donates an average of 250 pounds of produce and 100 dozen eggs to a local soup kitchen, helping 1,000 very low income and/or homeless people have better food to eat. With your help, we can continue to keep Growing + Giving!
- In 2016 we donated over 9,000 pounds of fresh produce and over 6,000 dozen eggs! That’s over 72,000 eggs. That’s a lot of protein!
- In 2016 we expanded our growing fields and added 18 new 40×4 foot beds. We’re hoping to produce thousands of more pounds of fresh veggies this year!
- Locally grown, freshly picked produce has higher nutrition content
- Incorporating a significant proportion of fresh fruits and vegetables is a common challenge facing many soup kitchens around the country
- The farm preserves open space and farmland in an area of Tucson traditionally farmed for many years